What’s The Best Scope For Your Ar15 In 2018 (Only Scope)
There are so many scopes for an AR-15 available these days that it can be tough to determine which one is the best.
As many have learned, the vast majority are completely overrated.
What we’ve got here today is a list of the five best scopes for an AR-15, and why each one made the list.
One stands tall above the rest, but each of these is worth a listen. But first, quick check out pick:
Quick CheckTop Our Pick For Best Scope For Ar15 in 2017
- Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24 AR-BDC Reticle (Editor's Choice)
- Nikon P-223 3-9x40 Mate BDC 600
- Bushnell Optics FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Reticle-223 Riflescope 1-4x/24mm
- Trijicon ACOG 4x32 BAC Dual Illuminated Riflescopes
- CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 2.5-10x40e Red & Green Illuminated Gun Scopes with 20mm & 11mm Mount (Low budget)
Top 5 Best AR Scope For AR 15 In 2017
This is my review about 5 best ar 15 scope on the market, it will help you find the best for hunting. Check out it:
This is a firm AR-15 scope for general use.
It’s great at on-the-fly movements when hunting in a fast-paced environment. The zoom knob never sticks or over-rotates and the labels are right in line with the actual zoom you’re seeing.
One thing to note is that unless it’s really bright outside, the illumination will need to run at a high setting. The scope does what it advertises, and seems built to last. However, it’s not all roses and fairy tales.
One main concern is that it seems they rushed certain elements of the design. Both the reticle and the eyebox are not up to par with the top of the industry.
When shooting a target further than 100 yards away, and any time the magnification is cranked up high, they both just seemed too tight and generally uncomfortable
- The unique build offers a line of sight most scopes can’t even touch. Perfect for those wanting to switch up their approach to long distance shooting
- Ability to see through the scope with both eyes
- Range out to 800 meters – easily one of the best ranges on the market
2. Bushnell Optics FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Reticle-223 Riflescope with Target Turrets and Throw Down PCL, Matte Black, 1-4x/24mm
Bushnell Optics take ballistic calibration to the next level with the BTR-1 BDC Reticle.
It comfortably ups any hunter’s game with their AR-15, solving the problem of long-distance sight without hindering any other parts of the process.
The performance for long range shots is what this scope does best, and here’s why:
- Hunters chasing moving targets that may alter shoulder comfort due to movement. Recoil issues are not a problem with this scope
- It is heavy duty and will not falter with continued use. Additionally, this scope looks great on top of a wide variety of AR-15s
- Shooters find this scope enhances the long distance shot capability of any hunter by quickly calibrating to their preferences and comfort level. It’s easy to learn, easy to master, and incredibly consistent
This scope is the best available for holding zero, meaning hunters won’t need to recalibrate in the middle of a day in the field. Once you’ve adequately installed the scope and zeroed in, you’ll find it is the optimum representation of accuracy.
3. Nikon P-223 3-9x40 Mate BDC 600
Among the best scopes for an AR-15 is the Nikon P-223.
The power here lies in the unit’s diversity. It’s built for heavy recoil, but also functions well with easier to handle guns.
If you are looking for an all-around winner to handle most any situation with your AR-15 this is the one.
Another big plus is that it used 1 inch rings. As opposed to 30mm rings, this gives the shooter increased height which can benefit their visibility.
One issue some shooters notice with heavy use is that the screws may become loose.
This issue shouldn’t arise until well after 1500 rounds, but if it does, there are easy solutions.
Simply tighten the screws before they fall off, preventing loss. Additionally, try to get in the habit of double checking all screws and joints on your AR-15 before each time you head into the field.
This will ensure the Nikon P-223 works properly and won’t cause any issues mid-hunt.
Overall, this is the best mid-range AR-15 scope. Here it is being tested.
4. CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24x50 AOE Red and Green Illuminated Gun Scope with Free Mount
This is the scope to stock up on for shooters needing eyesight enhancement on multiple AR-15s.
Deer hunters especially seem to have taken to this scope to target moving animals. Keeping them in range across altering distances is a breeze, as is accounting for their body movements.
A big bonus when trying to strike a specific spot and not having any margin for error.
But be careful on those high-recoil weapons – if this scope is loose or not properly affixed, it can jolt back and strike you. In some rare cases, this may cause injury.
The problem is easily avoided by double checking to make sure everything is secured as tight as can be. Other than that, this is a solid option.
Hunters will easily get used to how it feels on their gun. It’s very easy to find consistency on different AR-15s when you’re zeroed and know the ins and outs of your scope aren’t going to be changing.
5. Trijicon TA31 RCO ACOG 4x32 BAC Dual Illuminated Riflescope
What you’re getting here are the best optics on the marked.
The Horseshoe/Dot 5.56 model is the epitome of optimized visibility. The illumination is not dependent on crappy batteries, which is one of the best features of this AR-15 scope.
While some aren’t fans of the short eye relief, experienced shooters will note that because the visibility is so great as is, their line of sight is already better than it is without this scope.When compared with other models of this Trijicon ACOG, the H/D 5.56 stands tall because of how adaptable it is and the easy mounting.
For rapid shooting and tough range practice, this scope is the best available for your ar15. You’ll find bullet drop is stress-free.
The promise is ranges out to nearly 2,000 feet, which has been tested and proven. A solid option
- Great knurled focus knob
- Range easily tops 200 yards with steady focus and good conditions
- One of the easiest AR-15 scopes to install, learn, and get comfortable with
Two of the best scopes for an AR-15 stand out from this list. The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24 AR-BDC Reticle is the industry leader in its class, and if you’ve got the depth it is highly encouraged to go this route.
The Nikon Prostaff is the second-best scope for an AR-15. It is consistent and holds up better than the others on this list. The Nikon scope works well for novice and uninformed hunters, but doesn’t stack up against these two. The others on the list perform well – but what they fail to do is think outside the box.
Therefore, it really can only be the Vortex Spitfire the holds the title as the AR-15 scope. This one comes highly recommended and will satisfy even the most skeptical of hunters.
If you have enjoyed this article, or have a scope that was overlooked, go ahead and leave a comment below.
Put a comparison with one or more of the scopes on this list so that readers have a frame of reference to where you’re coming from. Also, please share on social media. Sharing is caring, and in the hunting world, the more informed we all are, the better we’ll be going forward.