What’s The Best Scope For Your Ar 15 In 2018 (Only Scope)
There are so many scopes for an AR-15 available these days that it can be tough to determine which one is the best.
As many have learned, the vast majority are completely overrated.
What we’ve got here today is a list of the five best scopes for an AR-15, and why each one made the list.
One stands tall above the rest, but each of these is worth a listen. But first, quick check out pick:
Quick CheckTop Our Pick For Best Scope For Ar15 in 2017
- Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24 AR-BDC Reticle (Editor's Choice)
- Nikon P-223 3-9x40 Mate BDC 600
- UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope, AO, 36-color Mil-dot, Rings (Good in price range)
- Bushnell Optics FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Reticle-223 Riflescope 1-4x/24mm
- CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 2.5-10x40e Red & Green Illuminated Gun Scopes with 20mm & 11mm Mount
Top 5 Best AR Scope For AR 15 In 2017
This is my review about 5 best ar 15 scope on the market, it will help you find the best for hunting. In this article, i just introduce about scope, not other sight/ optics type like red dot or iron sight, if you are finding the best red dot for ar 15 you shoul check here. Now let's check out 5 scope for ar:
This is a firm AR-15 scope for general use.
It’s great at on-the-fly movements when hunting in a fast-paced environment. The zoom knob never sticks or over-rotates and the labels are right in line with the actual zoom you’re seeing.
One thing to note is that unless it’s really bright outside, the illumination will need to run at a high setting. The scope does what it advertises, and seems built to last. However, it’s not all roses and fairy tales.
One main concern is that it seems they rushed certain elements of the design. Both the reticle and the eyebox are not up to par with the top of the industry.
When shooting a target further than 100 yards away, and any time the magnification is cranked up high, they both just seemed too tight and generally uncomfortable
- The unique build offers a line of sight most scopes can’t even touch. Perfect for those wanting to switch up their approach to long distance shooting
- Ability to see through the scope with both eyes
- Range out to 800 meters – easily one of the best ranges on the market
2. Nikon P-223 3-9x40 Mate BDC 600
Among the best scopes for an AR-15 is the Nikon P-223.
The power here lies in the unit’s diversity. It’s built for heavy recoil, but also functions well with easier to handle guns.
If you are looking for an all-around winner to handle most any situation with your AR-15 this is the one.
Another big plus is that it used 1 inch rings. As opposed to 30mm rings, this gives the shooter increased height which can benefit their visibility.
One issue some shooters notice with heavy use is that the screws may become loose.
This issue shouldn’t arise until well after 1500 rounds, but if it does, there are easy solutions.
Simply tighten the screws before they fall off, preventing loss. Additionally, try to get in the habit of double checking all screws and joints on your AR-15 before each time you head into the field.
This will ensure the Nikon P-223 works properly and won’t cause any issues mid-hunt.
Overall, this is the best mid-range AR-15 scope. Here it is being tested.
2. UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope, AO, 36-color Mil-dot, Rings
When looking for the best scope for an AR-10, there is really only one viable option: the UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope. This scope, renowned for its accuracy and dependability in tough field situations, has risen as the cream of the crop for three main reasons:
- The zeroing capability: Not only is this scope extremely simple and straight forward when zeroing, it holds the zero better than any scope on the market. Add to this that it also is a great package value without the necessity to purchase a bunch of expensive add-ons in order to optimize, and you’ve got yourself a winner here. Even after removing the scope and then reattaching it, your aim will remain perfect. It makes a good shooter feel like a great shooter!
- It’s durability: Instead of obtaining a cheaply made scope and having to replace it every year or two (for avid users), this UTG scope will last a lifetime is properly cared for. The 3X zoom is good for zeroing on 50 yards and nailing the preferred part of the target from 100 yards no problem
- Performance: Take it out as far as 900 yards and back to zero without losing focus or confidence in what you are doing. The scope is easily mountable, easily adjustable, and easy to master even for new shooters
Overall, this UTG scope is the best scope for an AR-10 that you’ll find anywhere on the market. I’ve been using it for years without ever having to have maintenance done or want to switch it up. Honestly, I never even want to try another scope, period. This is the top of the line
3. Bushnell Optics FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Reticle-223 Riflescope with Target Turrets and Throw Down PCL, Matte Black, 1-4x/24mm
Bushnell Optics take ballistic calibration to the next level with the BTR-1 BDC Reticle.
It comfortably ups any hunter’s game with their AR-15, solving the problem of long-distance sight without hindering any other parts of the process.
The performance for long range shots is what this scope does best, and here’s why:
- Hunters chasing moving targets that may alter shoulder comfort due to movement. Recoil issues are not a problem with this scope
- It is heavy duty and will not falter with continued use. Additionally, this scope looks great on top of a wide variety of AR-15s
- Shooters find this scope enhances the long distance shot capability of any hunter by quickly calibrating to their preferences and comfort level. It’s easy to learn, easy to master, and incredibly consistent
This scope is the best available for holding zero, meaning hunters won’t need to recalibrate in the middle of a day in the field. Once you’ve adequately installed the scope and zeroed in, you’ll find it is the optimum representation of accuracy.
5. CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24x50 AOE Red and Green Illuminated Gun Scope with Free Mount
This is the scope to stock up on for shooters needing eyesight enhancement on multiple AR-15s.
Deer hunters especially seem to have taken to this scope to target moving animals. Keeping them in range across altering distances is a breeze, as is accounting for their body movements.
A big bonus when trying to strike a specific spot and not having any margin for error.
But be careful on those high-recoil weapons – if this scope is loose or not properly affixed, it can jolt back and strike you. In some rare cases, this may cause injury.
The problem is easily avoided by double checking to make sure everything is secured as tight as can be. Other than that, this is a solid option.
Hunters will easily get used to how it feels on their gun. It’s very easy to find consistency on different AR-15s when you’re zeroed and know the ins and outs of your scope aren’t going to be changing.
Two of the best scopes for an AR-15 stand out from this list. The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24 AR-BDC Reticle is the industry leader in its class, and if you’ve got the depth it is highly encouraged to go this route.
The Nikon Prostaff is the second-best scope for an AR-15. It is consistent and holds up better than the others on this list. The Nikon scope works well for novice and uninformed hunters, but doesn’t stack up against these two. The others on the list perform well – but what they fail to do is think outside the box.
Therefore, it really can only be the Vortex Spitfire the holds the title as the AR-15 scope. This one comes highly recommended and will satisfy even the most skeptical of hunters.
If you have enjoyed this article, or have a scope that was overlooked, go ahead and leave a comment below.
Put a comparison with one or more of the scopes on this list so that readers have a frame of reference to where you’re coming from. Also, please share on social media. Sharing is caring, and in the hunting world, the more informed we all are, the better we’ll be going forward.